Thursday, July 5, 2012

Slight update!

For the Nurgle Warriors of Chaos


Working on the dragon, and got some color scheme finally.

Wings, leathery, part have been painted brown and it took several layers including mixing colors for me to be happy with it. Even used watered down colors and such.

Decided it *will* be a green dragon, but to avoid the chance that the Lord riding it would be 'lost' in the green (as I want him to still stand out) the green on the dragon will be darker... so the bright green armor for the rider still can stand out.

The belly/underside of the neck and tail etc will have a sickly fleshy color as opposed to also being green.  So that should look good.

Yellow will be used for horns and perhaps scales, to add some nice color pop to the dragon. Not sure about the horns, as it isn't the typical color... but I think it could work well. Plus, as said, it gives some pop.

This should look good I hope.

I still need to get a rider for the blasted thing though! Either that I'll have to convert the DE riders or something.

And for the classic Lizardmen army project.


Also slowly collecting my "oldschool: Lizardmen army. Added some oldschool skinks (bought two boxes of two) that I was able to find at a store ($24 for the 20) at a nice low price. We're talking the old ones with the bows.  Hoping that will be enough.

So... for classic models I own:

20 Skink 'archers' (will use as blowpipes).
25 older Saurus (hunchback) variety
Old 'kermit' Slann
Old metal Stegadon (Ancient, fitting isn't it?).

Need to get: 

14 more Saurus, but I may get enough for a second unit too. Thankfully since they were in a starter set, this should not be difficult.
Oldschool Templeguard, these might be more annoying to track down.
2 old Salamanders.
A couple classic Saurus character (might just convert Saurus infantry if I have too).
Chameleon skinks: I don't think there were models before the current ones, but I've got some conversion ideas possibly.
Bases: Looking at some nice jungle temple bases to make it look nicer.

No comments:

Post a Comment